If you are running your small embroidery business at home, many problems you face, but we are discussing a significant issue that every business owner faced. The problem is about clothing labels; they are not expensive in the market but are extra expenses. It’s better to avoid additional costs when you are running your own business as a beginner.
Without a clothing label, your business can not survive, so what is the alternative to it? If you don’t want to buy from the market, make it at home.
Now, the question is that, how can you make clothing labels at home? In this article, we are giving you the answer to your question.
You can make your clothing labels easily with your embroidery machine
Yes, your fantastic embroidery machine can save you from many problems.
Tutorial of Making Clothe Labels with the embroidery machine
We have two ways to make clothing labels with the embroidery machine, which we will describe step by step.
Method of Making Clothing Labels
- Embroidery hoop
- Tear-away stabilizer or cut-away stabilizer
- Water-soluble stabilizer
- An image or a label
- Painters tape
- A ribbon
- Embroidery machine
- Paper cutter
- First of all, hoop the tear-away stabilizer, then go to your machine and find your logo, which you have to embroider.
- Set the design in the middle hoop in the embroidery machine, and then click the needle to start the process.
- Now set the embroidery hoop in the machine; first, you need to embroider stabilizer to specify the label’s space so that you can quickly put your label into its slot.
- Now take the ribbon, place it to the stabilizer center, and then mark outlines to the ribbon edge. After that take the paper cutter and cut out space which you embroidered to take an area of your label; after cutting, it will look like the open window in the center of the stabilizer.
- After that, take a water-soluble stabilizer and cut it into a larger size. After that, take take the tear-away stabilizer window, stick it on the backside of the stabilizer, then take your ribbon and stick it inside the stabilizer, press it and stick on the water-soluble stabilizer.
- Take painters tape and tape down up and down to the ribbon to ensure that ribbon doesn’t move during embroidery.
- Go to your embroidery machine, set the hoop in the embroidery machine, now it’s time to embroider to the label, make sure that your targeted area of ribbon is matching to the embroidery machine’s setting.
- Now press the start button to start embroidery. After completing the process remove the hoop from the machine, remove painters tape take out your embroidery label, cut off the extra water-soluble stabilizer. Now your label is ready to attach with your project, and it ultimately looks professional.
In the beginning, it can be a difficult task for you, but you will be perfect by practicing. One more thing that can be a headache for you is how to design clothing labels for free, so don’t worry about that; there are no websites that offer you to create a free label for your brand.
Second Tutorial of Making Clothe Labels with Machine Embroidery
It’s not much different from the first one, but it’s a more effortless and effective way.
- Water-soluble stabilizer
- A ribbon
- A scissors
- A thread
- An embroidery Machine
- Hoop your water-soluble stabilizer, and don’t forget to remove the paper toping from the stabilizer.
- Take the ribbon and cut off it more extensive than your label’s size, then place it on the adhesive stabilizer.
- Ensure that the ribbon is lying straight on the stabilizer; put the label design on it’s center to check ribbon’s correct position.
- Check in the computer that the design is in the correct position.
- Place the hoop in the machine and ensure its position, lower the needle to start embroidery. After completing the process, remove the hoop from the machine and remove the ribbon from the stabilizer. You don’t need to cut the stabilizer off even you can embroider other labels if you need more.
We don’t need a cut-away stabilizer and painters tape because we are using a water-soluble stabilizer. Both methods are easy and effective if you have a good embroidery machine. There are many websites and other resources from where you can get an idea about the best embroidery machine.