Bag packs are a great choice for carrying items especially If you are a student, traveler, hiker etc. I am using a backpack to keep my book stuff. Initially, when I bought it had an embroidered design (monogram) on its pack. I wanted to get rid of it. Therefore, I decided to remove the embroidery, so I have shared my experience of removing embroidered objects from a backpack in this blog post. It would be wrong to say that it is a tough task because proper tools are the basic need to make it easier and simple for embroidery removal.
There are four ways to remove the embroidery from backing, first method is using a seam ripper that I had experienced personally.
Let me explain the first method in a few steps:
Use a Seam Ripper to Remove Embroidery:
Seam ripper is a magic tool to remove and cut thread on any garment or fabric and it comes with a sharp edge on one side and the other edge has a round ball on its top. These are available in five dollars so anyone can easily buy them.
- Select the embroidered part to pluck out the embroidery.
- Firstly, turn the bag pack inside out. Select the embroidered area from where you wanted to start removing and then insert the seam ripper inside the fabric where you wanted to remove the embroidery.
- Now gently pull the seamed threads inside out to loosen them in a back and forth direction. Make sure you are carefully plucking the threads and not damaging the fabric.
- Do this work to make all the threads loosen and scrap them to get an embroidery-free area.
- The bags often come with embossed embroidery on their packs with multiple layers so be patient, it’s a time taking process to remove them.
- Use the proper tools to prevent from any fabric damage.
1. Use a Stitch Eraser to Remove Embroidery:
Second technique is used only for the bags that have machine embroidery on their packs. Stitch eraser is alike electric moustache trimmer. Unlike seam ripper this method is quick and convenient. Stitch eraser can remove all undesired threads from the garment in a couple of seconds. Let’s begin to learn this method:
- Turn the bag inside out because threads at the backside of the bag are little and easier to remove.
- If the embroidery has stabilizers with it, so detach or tear away them.
- Now start from one edge to remove the embroidery. Place the machine on one side of the embroidery and cut the threads.
- Make sure to carefully inspect the embroidery that you wanted to remove.
- Use the stitch trimmer all over the embroidered area and repeat the process to clean the entire fabric.
- If you have a low-budget or don’t wanted to buy it, then you can replace this device with a beard trimmer.
- Don’t forget to keep an eye on the stitch eraser because it can cut the fabric of bag as well if you run the device too fast or forcefully.
Helping Tools to Remove Embroidery:
Moreover, there are two aiding tools that can be used to remove the embroidery:
- Embroidery Scissors.
Remove Embroidery left-overs with Tweezers:
Tweezers are great to pluck out hair brows but you can use them alternatively to remove the thread.
- Apply the mentioned above technique but if you notice any tiny thread residue so tweezers can easily pull out them.
- This technique demands your time and care.
Use Embroidery Scissors to Remove the Embroidery:
Embroidery scissors are best tool to cut the stitched threads of embroidery. I have used it in cutting the packing embroidery and it had made my work very easy. This tool could be similarly used as above mentioned tool could use. Start cutting from one side or corner of the embroidery then pull out the threads and repeat it until you get a bag without embroidery. Do it carefully without cutting or damaging the fabric.
Are you bored to see the bag embroidery again and again and don’t want it anymore? But you have no idea how to remove it permanently, then no worries here is the solution for in this article.
Seam ripper, stitch eraser, tweezers and embroidery scissors are some amazing tools that could be used to come off the stitches of embroidery easily. So read the above methods carefully to learn the amazing techniques.